Melting Point (°C):
Boiling Point (°C):
is a soft, malleable, lustrous, silvery rare earth metals
belonging to the lanthanide group. It is stable in air, reacts very slowly with water and oxygen, and dissolves in acids. Pure Erbium metal
is malleable, soft, and fairly stable in air. Erbium ions fluoresce pink light are used in imaging and optical applications. Erbium oxidizes slower than some other rare-earth metals
and has a high electrical resistivity. It is typically found in small quantities and in combination with other rare earths
. As a pure metal, Erbium has limited applications, however it can be used as an alloying element with titanium.
Erbium Metal Shape:
Powder, sheet, foil, rod, wire or custom
Erbium Metal Purity:
Applications of Erbium Metal:
1. Used as a photographic filter and metallurgical additive.
2. Used in nuclear technology. When alloyed with vanadium, erbium lowers hardness and improves workability.
3. Used in lasers for medical and dental applications.
4. Used in glass coloring and as an amplifier in fiber optics.
5. Erbium-doped glasses or crystals can be used as optical amplification media.
6. Erbium Metal Powder is mainly used as a raw material for making high-tech metals.
7. Erbium Oxide is widely used as dopant in making optical fiber and amplifier.
Packaging of AEM Erbium Metal (Er Metal):
Our erbium metals are carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our products in their original condition.