Chloride is a salt compound formed by the combination of negatively charged chloride ions and positively charged cations of other elements. Rare earth chlorides are salts formed by the combination of rare earth elements and chlorine. The common rare earth chlorides are YCl3, LaCl3, CeCl3, NdCl3, GdCl3, TbCl3, HoCl3, TmCl3, LuCl3, PrCl3, and so on.
All Rare Earth Chloride Provided by AEM:
Rare Earth Chloride Applications
Yttrium chloride can be used to manufacture ternary catalyst, ceramic material, intermediate of yttrium compound, chemical reagent, and in other industries.
Lanthanum chloride can be used in petroleum cracking catalysts, an intermediate of lanthanum products, magnetic materials, chemical reagents, and in other industries. It can also be used to prepare scintillation crystals. Cerium doped lanthanum chloride crystals (LaCl3: Ce3 +) are excellent scintillation materials, which can be used to prepare petroleum cracking catalysts or Lewis acid in organic synthesis.
Cerium chloride can be used in pharmaceutical intermediates, cerium salt raw materials, cemented carbide additives, chemical reagents, and in other industries. It can also be used to prepare scintillation crystals, petroleum catalysts, automobile exhaust catalysts, organic synthesis and other materials. Cerium chloride can also be used to prepare metal cerium and cerium compounds.
1. Production of neodymium metal: Most common starting compound for the production of neodymium metal
2. Lasers and fiber amplifiers: it is a dopant not only of traditional silica-based optical fibers but of plastic fibers (dopedphotolime-gelatin, polyimide, polyethylene, etc.) as well.
3. Catalysis: used to combine with organic chemicals such as triethylaluminium, 2-propanol, and titanium dioxide
4. Corrosion protection: Neodymium (III) chloride is a corrosive inhibitor that is environmental friendly and much less toxic.
5. Labeling of organic molecules: Neodymium has strong luminescence, so neodymium chloride is often used as a source of Nd3+ ions as fluorescent labels in various physical and chemical reactions.
1. Widely applied in electronic industry and scientific research.
2. Used for extracting gadolinium and gadolinium compounds.
3. In crystal form, used as an active laser medium.
4. Used in phosphors for energy-saving application due to its high purity.
5. Used for making optical glass.
6. Used as a doping agent for gadolinium yttrium garnets.
7. Catalyst and ceramic applications.
Terbium chloride is often used as the raw material for terbium metal. Terbium metal is an important material for electronic devices and an additive for some special alloys such as Terfenol-D. This metal is also applied as a crucial part for magneto-mechanical devices such as sonar and sound bugs.
Holmium chloride can be used to manufacture intermediate of holmium compounds and chemical reagents.
Thulium chloride can be used to manufacture intermediate of thulium compounds, chemical reagents, and in other industries.
1. Used to make laser crystal.
2. Specialized use in ceramics, glass, phosphors, and lasers.
3. Catalysts in petroleum cracking in refineries.
4. Used in alkylation, hydrogenation, and polymerization applications.
Praseodymium chloride can be used in ceramic pigments, magnetic materials, praseodymium compound intermediates, chemical reagents, and in other industries. Praseodymium chloride can also be used to prepare praseodymium metal compounds, glass, and ceramic coloring.
Samarium chloride can be used in gadolinium compounds, chemical reagents, and in other industries.
Europium chloride can be used in compound intermediates, chemical reagents, and in other industries.
Dysprosium chloride can be used to produce dysprosium iron compounds, dysprosium compounds intermediates, chemical reagents, and in other industries.
Erbium chloride can be used to manufacture intermediate of erbium compound, optical glass, chemical reagent, and in other industries.
Ytterbium chloride can be used to manufacture intermediate of ytterbium compounds, chemical reagents, and in other industries.