Lanthanum Oxide Powder Introduction
Lanthanum (III) oxide (La2O3) is used to make special optical glasses to improve the alkali resistance. Lanthanum oxide is a white, odorless solid that is soluble in dilute acid but insoluble in water. It is a rare earth oxide compound, which is a basic anhydride and can therefore react with acids and with strong reducing agents in redox reactions. Rare earth oxide compounds contain at least one oxygen anion and one metallic cation. They are typically insoluble in aqueous solutions (water) and extremely stable, which make them useful in ceramic structures. For this reason, Lanthanum oxide have a wide range of applications from producing clay bowls to advanced electronics. Lanthanum oxide is also useful in light weight structural components in aerospace and electrochemical applications such as fuel cells due to its ionic conductivity.
AEM Deposition is a trusted supplier and manufacturer of high quality Lanthanum (III) Oxide for a wide range of industrial uses. We provide Lanthanum Oxide in forms of powder, nano powder, sputtering targets and tablets. Other Lanthanum compounds are available upon request.
Properties of Lanthanum Oxide Powder
Density: 3.86 g/cm3
Appearance: White powder
Melting Point: 2410 °C
Solubleness: Insoluble in water, moderately soluble in strong mineral acids
Molecular Weight: 325.82
Stability: Strongly hygroscopic
Purity: 99% - 99,9999%
Applications of Lanthanum Oxide Powder
1. La2O3 is used to make optical glasses, to which this oxide confers increased density, refractive index, and hardness.
2. Together with oxides of tungsten, tantalum, and thorium, La2O3 improves the resistance of the glass to attack by alkali.
3. La2O3 is an ingredient for the manufacture of piezoelectric and thermoelectric materials.
4. La2O3 is also used in X-ray imaging intensifying screens, phosphors as well as dielectric and conductive ceramics.
5. La2O3 has been examined for the oxidative coupling of methane.
Packaging of Lanthanum Oxide Powder
Our Lanthanum Oxide is carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our product in its original condition.
Related Products of Lanthanum Oxide Powder