Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6, also called lanthanum boride and LaB6) is an inorganic chemical. With melting point 2528 K, LaB6 is a refractory ceramic material, which is insoluble in water or hydrochloric acid and very stable in vacuum. Stoichiometric samples are colored intense purple-violet, while boron-rich ones (above LaB6.07) are blue. Ion bombardment changes its color from purple to emerald green. LaB6 is a superconductor with a relatively low transition temperature of 0.45 K.
Shapes of Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6):
Powder, sputter target, Ring, Part, Cathode, Filaments, Sheet/Plate, Slab/Tablet, Tube, etc.
Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6) Chemical Composition:
LaB6 (% min.): 99.9%, B(% min.): 31%
Applications of Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6):
1. Thermionic emission (cathode)
2. Plasma source for plasma enhanced coating(PECVD)
3. Vacuum electron beam welding machine
4. Electron beam surface reforming device
5. Electron beam lithography device
6. Transmission electron microscope
7. Scanning electron microscope
8. Surface analysis device
9. Radio therapy devices
Packing of Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6):
AEM Deposition's LaB6 ceramics are carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of our products in their original condition.